This is one more personal post after my latest description of my learning pattern. I’d like to share how I start my morning and how it improved my overall quality of whole day.
- 5:45 AM – it’s time to get up and prepare and eat the oatmeal: oat flakes, a few raisins and hot water
- 6:00 AM – by this time I’ve got my breakfast eaten and it’s reading time!
- 7:00 AM – workout time (some weights or a stationary bike)
- 7:50 AM – post workout shake
- 7:55 AM – shower
- 8:10 AM – I’m starting to waking up my child. It takes up to 15 minutes of playing music (sometimes singing is included)
- 8:40 AM – ready for the kindergarten!
- 9:00 AM – my second breakfast
- 9:30 AM – with a cup of coffee I’m starting my work
I’ve been changing this schedule a little bit for 5 months now. The current version might be a subject to change, but the overall shape won’t change. Why?
Why so early?
I’ve always been an early bird, but a few months ago I noticed loosing focus. Keeping a morning like this, introduces some good routine/regime to my life and lets me maintain focus for my whole work day. Waking early means going to bed ~10-11PM, but occasionally I stay awake till the midnight (once in a while). Additionally, before I start my work, I got my workout, some reading, two breakfasts checked. This is a really good start!
Is this a way to go for everyone? Probably not. On the other hand, living in a world of interruptions and notifications does not improve our ability to focus. Having a morning like this – definitely does.