It’s snapshot time! There’s been a lot of event sourcing content so far. Let’s do a recap!
Below you will find a short summary of event sourcing related articles that I have published here so far. Treat it as a table of content or a lookup or a pattern collection. It’s ordered by date, the later – the older. Enjoy!
- Why did it happen – how to make your event sourced system even easier to reason about
- Event sourcing and interim stream – how to embrace new modelling techniques with short living streams
- Multitenant Event Sourcing with Azure – how to design a multitenant event sourced system using Azure Storage Services
- Rediscover your domain with Event Sourcing – how to use your events and astonish your business with meaningful insights
- Event Sourcing for DBAs – a short introduction for any relational person into the amazing world of event sourcing. Can be used as an argument during a conversation.
- Enriching your events – what are events metadata and why should we care? how to select the most important ones
- Aggregate, an idempotent receiver – how to receive a command or dispatch an event exactly once?
- Process managers – what is a process manager, how can you simplify it?
- Optimizing queries – how to make queries efficient, especially when dealing with multiple version of the same application running in parallel
- Event sourcing and failure handling – an exception is thrown. Is it an event or not? How to deal and model it?
- Embracing domain leads towards event oriented design – how event oriented design emerges from understanding of a domain